Thursday, March 27, 2008

My first condo......(2)

So developer introduce meto the panel contractor for rennovations (there is only one contractor there...). I went on asking for a quotations. But he insists i wait for a week to first have a look on the unit above me whereby he is rennovating. Ok, i waited. And it first looks great!
Plaster ceiling complete with more than 12 down light, complete kitchen cabinet (10.5 feet) bottom and the upper wall. Yart side another cabinet for cooking and a double sinks. i was quite impress at first....
Later i sit back n think bout it... the plaster ceiling is making the roof a little bit low. After they installed the fan...if i stand straight, i can almost touch the fan's wings. So dangerous!!!!
Anyway, it's all too early to decide anything.
I ask the contractor a preview quotation. After that my wife n me just venture among the floor and we found out there r anothe contractor. We ask the indonesian to bring me to their office. So, i later found out that is the developer's inhouse contractor. So we ask them for a quotation also. It cost around RM20k++ whick i think it's a bit too expensive considering thedegree of rennovation we want....
I try to negotiate and found out the panel is ganstering the inhouse contractor for all prices of rennovations. They even ask those owner's own brought contractor to pay a 10% amount of money as compensations of allowing them to come in. There had already cases whereby people went to lodge a police report. This is scary...it feels like we are being held with a parang at our neck waiting to be slaughtered....
So after consulting my father and comparing the prices of rennovation to my sis's one at Kajang, i realize that it's way to expensive....(to be cont...)

No comments: